A 17th Century former farmhouse set just 50 yards from the banks of the River Wye, less than a mile from historic Tintern Abbey.
It has been a guesthouse for some years with a loyal following. Now with new owners, Marta and Roger Brook, it is a proper restaurant as well. Open to non-residents as well as those staying with us.
A Winter Offer, plus Christmas and New Year
Special offer from now up to 28 February 2019.
Three-course dinner, bed and breakfast:
£155.00 (saves £19)*
* Based on two guests sharing a double room. Excluding 24 – 31 December.
- Rooms available up to Sunday 23 December. And Thursday 27 December onwards.
- Restaurant open for dinner up to Saturday 22 December, and Friday 28, Saturday 29, December.
- Monday 31 December. Special New Year’s Eve dinner, room and breakfast offer. £210 for two persons in a double room.
- Restaurant open as usual from 2 January 2019 onwards.
- Rooms and restaurant closed: Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day.
NEW YEAR'S EVE DINNER MENU
Glass of fizz
chicken consommé with rabbit tortellini
Dover sole grenobloise
rosewater kulfi with lime, mango and pineapple
tea/coffee and petits fours
The Essential Facts
- Restaurant open for dinner Wednesday to Saturday.
- Two courses: £34
- Three courses: £42
- Four courses: £48.
- Open from 7.00pm. Last orders: 8.30pm.
- Other days and times by arrangement.
- Eight comfortable guest rooms, doubles and twins.
- £90 per night, £70 as single occupancy.
- Option for third adult or child sharing a room.
- Special rates for three or more nights.
- Price includes a full cooked breakfast.
This is our first year, but we’ve already had some critical praise. Notably, Michelin have noticed us and given us four stars. And The Guardian listed us as one of their “50 of the best hotels and B&Bs in the UK”. Shown below, or see the original 3 November article.